Nancy Pelosi, the House Democratic Leader in the U.S Congress is fuming over Obama’s latest policy and crack down on medical marijuana at a State level. Pelosi’s general argument and marijuana advocated have been arguing that the Federal crack down is putting patients at serious risk.
“I have strong concerns about the recent actions by the federal government that threaten the safe access of medical marijuana to alleviate the suffering of patients in California,” the San Francisco congresswoman stated.The most surprising of this all, is it’s coming from a close ally of President Obama.
This is the first time that Nancy Pelosi has spoken out on the issue, since the Department of Justice decided to pursue an anti-marijuana policy in October, 2011. The fact of the matter is it is not only putting patients at risk, but also hindering the economy and constituents in the State of California.
The Department of Justice has also been caught contacting landlords of dispensaries, and indicating that their property could be seized for helping illicit marijuana growing and distribution. This has put many dispensaries and growers on their back heels as many have closed down in fear of prosecution and/or eviction.
While critics believe that Obama is not holding his pledge to allow States to regulate the issue, Obama has fired back with the following; “I never made a commitment that somehow we were going to give carte blanche to large-scale producers and operators of marijuana,” he said. “I can’t ask the Justice Department to say (to federal prosecutors), ‘Ignore completely a federal law that’s on the books.’
Whether or not there will be a resolution to all of this, the debate has indeed heated up, as Nancy Pelosi begins to press the issue.
About Chad Morgan
As the founder of Herbisto.com, I am an advocate and political activist for the decriminalization of marijuana, and the legalization of medical marijuana.
- US Feds Crackdown on Marijuana Shops Close to Schools In a surprising move by the United States Federal Government...
- Marijuana Dominates President Obama’s Google+ Hangout President Obama and very likely Axlerod’s campaign team put together...
- San Francisco Suspends Medical Marijuana Dispensary Permits San Francisco, CALIFORNIA – City officials suspended permits for medical...
- Marijuana Decriminilization or Legalization: Whats the Difference? If you’re interested in marijuana laws and legislation, or even...
- Vermont Set to Debut Medical Marijuana Dispensaries Burlington, VERMONT – What is set to be a first...
Subscribe to Herbisto
Search The Stash
Herbisto News Right to Your Inbox
Most Popular Posts
Find Us on Facebook